The programme for the End of Year Show has been released and Sam and I think it is going to beat last year’s show!
- Karen (our Head Teacher) is performing “Love Shine a Light” by Katrina and the Waves
- Year 9 are performing “Let it Swing” by Bobbysocks and have learnt to sing it in Norwegian!
- Sam and I are performing “Take me To Your Heaven” by Charlotte Neilson
- Year 3 performing “Puppet on a String” by Sandie Shaw and dressed up as various puppets
- Year 6 are performing “Making Your Mind Up” by Bucks Fizz
- Year 5 are performing “Oooh Are Just a Little Bit” by Gina G, (dressed as Cheerleaders!)
- The Care Staff sing Waterloo by ABBA
- Some of the Teaching Staff are singing Fly On The Wings of Love by The Olson Brothers
~ Interval ~ (Refreshments and Raffle)
The 2nd half is mixed talent, with the following acts:
- Year 10 performing the Country Roads Scene from Kingsman: The Golden Circle (Merlin’s Last Stand) featuring our Head playing Poppy Adams! Sam is playing his own arrangement of Country Roads \ The theme to Kingsmen and I will be playing my Bagpipes during the 1st part of Country Roads. (In my Kilt and Sporran of course, but then for those of you who follow our blog will know; I wear a Kilt to work and it is rare to see me in trousers!)
- Some of the Year 8 Lads will be doing Magic
- Year 4, 5 & 7 Clowing Around (They don’t know it yet, but it will involve some of the teachers getting flanned and Karan doesn’t know she’s going to get gunged too! That will be really funny!)
- Reception and Year 2 perform The YMCA by The Village People (calling themselves the “Village Kids”
- Year 5, 6 and 8 lads wil be doing BMX and Skateboard Stunts on stage
- Various from Years 3 – Year 10s doing an Aikido demonstration
- Some of the older boys from the Acorns Unit reenact the scene from Little Britain “Dennis Waterman – sing da theme tuneeeeeeeeee!” with Sam a member of care staff, (who looks sorta like the real Dennis Waterman) sing “I could be so good for you,” which of course is the theme to Minder. “Oi! I don’t insist on singing da theme tune!”
- The Care Staff and some of the boarders from Jets and Oaks perform Juke Box Jive by The Rubetttes
- Myself and some of the Care Staff (and some of the boarders from Squirrels and Birds) perform Is This the way to Amerello (in the style of Peter K. (Various shots of the coridoors and parts of the school will be projected onto a green screen on the stage)
- Sam and Karen sing Sometimes When We Touch by Newton, with the kids cycling on to stage, cartwheeling onto stage, the kids and staff joining in in various costumes) including a vicar, Neapolitan, clowns and much more!
So it’s going to be a great show, with just over a month to go! The show is always a great fundraiser and great fun! I know I enjoy getting to be silly and let my hair down at the end of term, when for one night, the rules get chucked out the window and everyone has a great time!
End of the year is always a very exciting time, but also makes me feel sad, because the older pupils leave and over the years, I have built some great friendships with them, watched them grow up and progress through the school. Some have been a little cheeky or have had hiccups, but I am proud to say I have been there to help and support them over the years. I will miss them when they leave and hope that the boys who leave, keep in touch.