We’re preparing for Storm Kiera, which already has hit the UK. With a severe weather warning issued for wind and rain, we’re taking safety precautions. to protect our home, the kids and our school, after Sam, our Head (Karen) and I have had a meeting regarding the storm:
At school, Sam has:
- Moved the benches that are not anchored to the concrete playground, into the bin store
- Removed all the bins and bought them into B Block
- Performed an emergency generator test
- instructed staff to park in the main car park and not the J Block car park (as there are trees)
- Instructed staff to use the link bridge to J Block, if boarders are taking part in activities in the Gym, Swimming Pool or the main school.
- Instructed the Caterers to use the lift to the 1st floor of B Block and use the link bridge to access J Block.
I have also cancelled all off site activities this weekend, due to the strong winds.
At home, Jenny and I have been battening down the hatches:
- We’ve removed the swing from the garden and put it in the garage
- We removed the patio furniture and put that into the garage
- Removed the garden gnomes and bought them in
- Covered the climbing frame with Tarp and pinned it down with pegs
- I have got all the torches on charge
- I have tested the emergency lights
Please take extra care this weekend, as Storm Kera is going to cause mega disruption. Please only travel if you need top and keep an eye on the Met Office website to keep up to date with the latest storm info. www.metoffice.gov.uk
Meanwhile, I’d like to introduce a new member of our family. This is Peppy, our Bengal Cat. We were asked to take hr in by a work colleague, who could not keep her. The kids and even Sox really love her! She was very nervous for the 1st couple of days we had her. However, last night, she curled up with Sox on the end of Kyrlo’s bed. She purrs and purrs when being stroked, but she isn’t too keen to be picked up. (But we are working on that!
Right now though, it’s movie night and we are watching Pan, which is the back story of Peter Pan and before Captain Hook was a pirate. (He was just known as Hook and still had both his hands.) In the film, it shows Peter Pan, (Levi Miller) in a orphanage, run by the evil Mother Barnabas, (Played by Kathy Burke) and his escape to “Never-land”. This is where he meets James Hook, (Garrett Hedlund) who is trapped in the mines, under the control of Black Beard. (Hugh Jackman) With the help of Tinkerbell, they defeat Blackbeard and rescue the other kids from Mother Barnabas.